Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Saw this interesting item at an Auction today

Date: 09/11/21 19:07
Saw this interesting item at an Auction today
Author: ns2557

Went to an auction in town today. There was quite a bit of RR Items to be auctioned off. Lots of HO Scale and other items, even a few framed EMD Advertising Framed Photo's, DRGW F Unit's. CBQ F's 100, plus abt 3 others, all from EMD. Saw a few interesting items, but they were way behind on the auction and I left before they came up. But the one interesting thing there was this here.  A Miniature Trains of Rensselaer Ind. Model G12. Complete with track a trailer to haul everything, 3 cars and the locomotive. Real interesting to say the least. Appeared to be in good condition. Went for 3500.00. Wish I would have had that just laying around, would have been something fun to have. They say it worked also. Never know what you will find at auctions. Be well all. Ben

Date: 09/11/21 19:42
Re: Saw this interesting item at an Auction today
Author: ABHoffmann

It is unknown if anybody manufacture miniature trains that you can ride these days.

San Diego Zoo has one (or at least did).  When I was a kid sixty years ago that one was yellow with Union Pacific on it.

The Colton Park (Colton, CA) when I was a kid had one also, and rides would be given for a small fare.  Everything would be boxed overnight.

It would be interesting if the history of the posted about miniature train could be obtained.

Date: 09/11/21 19:52
Author: dan

never saw a daylight painted one!  a lot of santa fe and UP

Date: 09/11/21 19:54
Author: Milwaukee

Here is a history of Miniature Train Co.:

https://amusementparkives.com/2017/01/31/miniature-train-company/

Date: 09/11/21 21:35
Author: billywa

One of the more unique miniature trains I've seen is the miniature Aerotrain at the Ellis Railroad Museum in Ellis, KS. Not sure of its maker, and Ellis is/was UP territory, but it sure is neat compared to some of the other park trains I've seen…

billywa

Date: 09/13/21 17:17
Author: Gonut1

Ben,
I've seen pictures of a smaller version in Daylight but it was on the east coast back in the Fifty-Sixties. 
When I was 18 years old, cruising around in my brand new 65 Mustang, I was driving down a country road and there on the front lawn of a house was a park train, diesel, couple coaches and observation sitting helter-skelter on the grass with a 4 Sale sign. Maybe if I hadn't just blew my whole 3 year's paycheck on the Mustang. Naw! I'm sure a bank wouldn't have lended money for a kid to buy a park train. It was a nice fantasy.
That one there is a real beauty in need of restoration at a good home. Looks like a steal for that price. Heck, I could afford that and probably enough extra to get her running, but I'm a couple thousand miles from there and not enough land to put down enough track to let run.
More fantasy!
Neat post, thanks,
Gonut

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds