Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Roseville, California ?s

Date: 09/13/21 21:15
Roseville, California ?s
Author: JAmtrak

Imma gonna b up in Roseville, California this weekend. I am aware of the big train yard up there. Any1 no of good places to stay, eat? Nice places to railfan at, grab a good photo? Any special times / trains to look out for? Thanks in advance.

Date: 09/14/21 12:36
Re: Roseville, California ?s
Author: Auburnrail

While I'm sure there are plenty of previous discussions on this,
I will say go to the Roseville Amtrak station.
This area gives you a long platform, and rail traffic for both 
the I5 corridor and Donner will pass by here.
While there is a nice viewing platform about half a mile East,
in Old Roseville, the abundant homeless have taken
that over.  Both the East and west bound Zephyr come 
through daily and (usually) stop at Roseville.
As always, stay aware of your surroundings.

Date: 09/14/21 17:37
Re: Roseville, California ?s
Author: TopCat

The Depot is a good place to take pictures, if you're able to, you can drive down to the Rocklin Amtrak station to get eastbounds "cranking it up" for the grade.  As for food, the Roundhouse Deli (just down the street) has great  Tri-Tip sandwiches and Old Town Pizza is right near by, too.  There are usually rail fans on the west end of the platform so you can visit with them.  Sometimes there are "rent a cops" at the station to watch the homeless people on the east end, they usually don't mess with railfans taking pictures as long as you use common sense.  Amtrak 6 (eastbound) usually arrives at 11:30 am,
No. 5 is scheduled to arrive at 12:57 PM.  Best to scan (if you have a radio or scanner) channel 1414 (160.320), Channel 5151 (160.875) and the Roseville Terminal channel 8686 (161.400).  

Good luck.

Top Cat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds