Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hazy but Respirators not Required (Donner Pass)

Date: 09/30/21 08:25
Hazy but Respirators not Required (Donner Pass)
Author: broken_link

My grand plans for Saturday, September 25, to hike in to shoot spots on Donner Pass that I wanted to get to before the snow flies were again snubbed by continued smoke from the wildfires that are still burning throughout California. Air quality wasn't terrible, all things considered, but the haze wasn't going to compliment the landscapes I wanted to shoot. I reluctantly popped over to East Norden to grab a shot of the eastbound ZLTG2 as it crested the summit and disappeared into Tunnel 41, and then I headed back to the cabin for some hiking around Donner Summit with the family.

I feel BoilingMan's pain with the pervasive, ubiquitous smoke up there.

Sean

Date: 09/30/21 08:49
Re: Hazy but Respirators not Required (Donner Pass)
Author: ExStarlightHog

The smoke situation has been much better lately.  Let's all hope the snow starts flying pretty soon up there.  We don't want another year w/o a winter like the one 20/21.  Let's hope 21/22 is record wet. 

Date: 09/30/21 09:20
Author: alex14ramos

Seems like the smoke has been pretty off and on lately. I was scoping it out on the Truckee cam last week and some days it was hazier than others. I ended up on the Hill this past Monday and it was clear blue skies at Summit.

Take Care,
Alex Ramos 

Date: 09/30/21 10:09
Author: BoilingMan

Mostly the air has been pretty good.  We had a good hard rain a couple nights ago and that helped. 
But every now an again the wind shifts, the smoke comes in, and the camera comes out...   
brilliant sunset pics.
SR

Date: 09/30/21 10:35
Author: broken_link

I agree, but family dinners were taking precedence. Shooting around sunset this time of year is tough.

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But every now an again the wind shifts, the smoke
> comes in, and the camera comes out...   
> brilliant sunset pics.
> SR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds