Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Low Light at suppertime

Date: 10/21/21 19:12
Low Light at suppertime
Author: santafe199

While all of you chow-hounds (& houndettes) were seated at the supper table I was slaving away behind my camera on the old Rock Island GSR!

Ok... maybe “slaving” is just a slight exaggeration. Plying the hobby might be a better selection of words.

The “end” result is this DP unit coming at me out of the sunset, instead of riding into it. But this isn’t the end of the train like I first thought it was. Look closer! The train isn’t even halfway by me yet. There had to be a mile-and-a-half of empty container wells yet to pass by me. I swear this 1x1 intermodal courtesy of Uncle Pete was 3 miles long!

Ok... maybe “3 miles long” is just a slight exaggeration. 2.89 miles long might be a better selection of words...

1. UP 5444 is the DP unit riding out of the sunset at Dwight, KS on October 21, 2021.

Thanks for squinting!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/21 19:14 by santafe199.

Date: 10/21/21 19:20
Re: Low Light at suppertime
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE, looling at lots of dramatic intense color.

Larry

Date: 10/21/21 20:33
Author: MacBeau

Now that's a stunning shot. We have rain coming to So Cal so hopes are running high for some storm light.
—Mac

Date: 10/22/21 08:15
Author: texchief1

Beautiful shot, Lance!

RC Lundgren

Date: 10/22/21 14:20
Author: pbrasky

Hats off and sunglasses on for a spectacular shot, Lance!

Date: 10/22/21 15:27
Author: santafe199

Thanks guys! In this digital age it's so much fum to point a camera into a virtual NO light sitation and end up having somethng to work with. As we all know, back in the ancient "little yellow box" days a shot like that would have been called cruel & unusual punishment for a Kodachrome slide that never had a chance to be somebody... ;^)

Lance/199

Date: 10/22/21 20:22
Author: SPBrooklyn

Thanks Lance.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds