Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Early BNSF Where is It?

Date: 10/22/21 10:40
Early BNSF Where is It?
Author: spider1319

I found this image in a yellow box wherein it was the only slide not identified.The location does not match other images of the same roll other than the numbering sequence.I thought it might be fun to submit this pic for help.I might add this is what I deserve for not being better organized.The date is spring 1998. Bill Webb

Date: 10/22/21 11:45
Re: Early BNSF Where is It?
Author: ABHoffmann

My BNSF material shows a control station at M.P. 143.0 called PEREA on the southern Transcon about 143 mile west of Belen (Jct.), New Mexico.

Date: 10/22/21 11:54
Author: callum_out

No, doesn't look like NM, check the background of the shot.

Out 

Date: 10/22/21 12:07
Author: 3rdswitch

Sounds logical but looks nothing like Perea, NM. Looks more like Washington state and looks like adjacent yard or hump?
JB

Date: 10/22/21 12:25
Author: swaool

I think Joe is on to something.  This looks to be Pasco WA along N 4th Ave before the yard was reconfigured - CP 143 is now called "Husky" for all you U-Dub fans.  There is also a CP Cougar in Pasco yard for the Wazzu folks.

msw
spokane

Date: 10/22/21 12:27
Author: NWrailfan

Sure looks like Pasco, WA behind the hump crest to me! Unsure if there was at one time a CP143 but that area has been changed and expanded today. Now that area is around what they call CP Husky or Cougar I believe. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/21 12:27 by NWrailfan.

Date: 10/22/21 12:30
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Has to be CP Husky - CP Cougar now, that is right between Pasco East and Pasco West.  The Milepost match up.

Jeff

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 10/22/21 12:44
Author: Pacific5th

That's about where Husky is now in Pasco. Looks a bit different these days.

Date: 10/23/21 09:11
Author: spider1319

Thanks for the responses.Bill Webb

Date: 10/23/21 13:32
Author: ABHoffmann

About my New Mexico ‘possibility’ post above … OK, what a coincidence!  AGAIN!

BNSF southern Transcon has a CP at an important junction in California, at M.P. 737.3, where the UP junctions off to Salt Lake City.  UP also has an important junction in the M.P. 737 area in Texas!  Just a coincidence?  Now the MP 143 CP thing in Washington!  One in New Mexico!  Did some mysterious force(s) control track layers many, many years ago, and the control point installers decades later?  I don’t really think so, but one has to wonder …

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds