Home Open Account Help 144 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Live from Iron Springs UT (sort of)

Date: 11/14/21 11:40
Live from Iron Springs UT (sort of)
Author: callum_out

So another Cedar Cioty, trip, still no ore train and in fact not even a laid over outbound local. But, the industrial park is in full
speed build and looking to be the needle in UP's side it we hate carload switching!
So a couple shots from Iron Springs.
The first is two ore hoppers on their sides, there are no drag marks, there are no flange marks from the trucks and no track damage, filed as dropped from a UFO.
And second is the ex-MOP transfer caboose which was a on siding near Ceder City proper, disappered after the tracks were torn out East of I-15 and mysteriously
has reappeared again, looking to now be a shoving platform. The shove on the North Spur is over a mile and doesn't look to be fun In Winter hanging off a hopper
so maybe the cab is a good thing!

Out 

Date: 11/14/21 12:57
Re: Live from Iron Springs UT (sort of)
Author: PHall

Not a "transfer" caboose, that's a real live "road" caboose after all the stuff like bunks were removed.
That's where the idea for the UP CA-11's came from.

Date: 11/14/21 13:08
Author: spider1319

Thanks for the post.Always appreciate news from Cedar City.Don't feel bad I struck out a lot on seeing trains around that area as well.Pictured below is a day I lucked out Bill Webb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/21 13:44 by spider1319.

Date: 11/14/21 18:32
Author: mapboy

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So another Cedar Cioty, trip, still no ore train
> and in fact not even a laid over outbound local.
> But, the industrial park is in full
> speed build and looking to be the needle in UP's
> side it we hate carload switching!
> So a couple shots from Iron Springs.
> Out 

Mike Root would have gladly switched Cedar City with his iron-hauling Utah Southern, but UP didn't want that.

mapboy

Date: 11/14/21 20:31
Author: callum_out

With the two new customers going in Port 15 I'd estimate that the branch will soon be approaching 200 cars per week
of general freight including the ethanol for the blend plant and that will continue to grow. It'll be interesting to see how
UP handles this level of business. And of course, plus the iron ore traffic. And as for my buddy Mike, happily parked
in a nice suburb of Tucson. 

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds