Home Open Account Help 194 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Truckee Camera

Date: 12/16/21 11:46
Truckee Camera
Author: BlaineM

I have to say I am disappointed of the new camera changes.
1. I would like a view of the rotary the west bounds coming into Truckee.
2. The center view, I gauge the snow depth by accumulation of snow on the roof of the Beacon service west of Bridge Street.  When I can't see the round switch indicator.
3. The west view.  I have studied that light brown wall enough that takes up 1/4 of the screen.  
Let's go back to the way it was.  If I knew were to complain I would.
Blaine McKinney

Date: 12/16/21 11:53
Re: Truckee Camera
Author: pdt

The truckee downtown streaming camera is operated by HDonTap, and live streaming service company. that has installed live streaming cameras all over the country, mostly for resorts and visitor centers.  I believe the tracks in truckee are visible only by coincidence, and that this camera is not sponsored by railfans,

Date: 12/16/21 11:53
Author: traindave

um i think its just been nocked out of position, not like this is its new view, this has happened before

Date: 12/16/21 11:54
Author: inyosub

If you go to the TahoeTopia Cam site, you can register you complaints in the chat. And the cam ops
even responds.. That said, you need to create an account to be able to leave comments. But there you go.
Agree;d new pre-sets suck!
Downtown Truckee | Tahoetopia

Date: 12/16/21 12:02
Author: stevelv

traindave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> um i think its just been nocked out of position,
> not like this is its new view, this has happened
> before

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  Just a few days ago you didn't see the wall on the west view and you could see all the way down the tracks on the east view.

Date: 12/22/21 16:24
Author: inyosub

Looks like you guys, or someone, got some action on the TahoeTopia cam and it's 
back to the old better view.  Both down the tracks east and crossong look good,
Now for some fresh powder.      Cheer

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds