Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Last BNSF freight in Glendora on the Pasadena Subdivision

Date: 01/10/22 10:51
Last BNSF freight in Glendora on the Pasadena Subdivision
Author: PasadenaSubColin

In early November 2020, I snapped a couple photos of the last revenue freight to pass through Glendora, seen on the Super Elevated curve near the grade crossing at Foothill Blvd and Grand Ave. Besides the rail train last August, the hills have been pretty quiet over here, with no more trains making it past La Verne on account of Gold Line Construction. 

After filming and photographing this train for years each day, in mid 2020 it changed to once a week with the Miller Brewery shutting down, and then ceasing operations west of La Verne entirely after November 5th 2020. 

Being a Glendora resident for my whole life, this was pretty sad to see, and the new rails through Glendora recently have gotten me wondering when BNSF will finally serve the reopened Millere Brewery now under ownership of a subsidiary of Pabst. 

Thanks for looking!

Date: 01/10/22 11:35
Re: Last BNSF freight in Glendora on the Pasadena Subdivision
Author: PHall

Considering that the brewery is nowhere near ready to reopen yet, they're not in too much of a hurry to reopen the track west of the Metropolitan Water District spur at Wheeler Ave.
Not having to keep the freight track open should speed up construction of the entire project.

Date: 01/10/22 11:55
Author: spider1319

Thanks for the post and pics.Good catch.Hopefully there will be more.I always appreciate  your updates on the Pasadena Sub.Pictured below is the Local in happier times eastbound near the 210.Bill Webb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/22 11:59 by spider1319.

Date: 01/10/22 12:03
Author: MarionLinn

I appreciate the updates too.  Back in 1970-71 I lived at 544 W. Bennett Ave. in Glendora, not far from the Second District.

Date: 01/10/22 13:10
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice photos of the most recent Local through Glendora.  Funny, MarionLinn - I lived at 544 when I was in Glendora, but on a different street just north of Bennett.

Rich

MarionLinn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I appreciate the updates too.  Back in 1970-71 I
> lived at 544 W. Bennett Ave. in Glendora, not far
> from the Second District.

Date: 01/10/22 13:54
Author: Goatboat

Thank you for sharing the photos.  For the Rose Bowl two years ago, we stayed in Glendora at the Palm Tropics Motel and rode light rail into Pasadena for the game.  We really enjoyed staying there. 

Date: 01/10/22 15:16
Author: callum_out

Uh, are you getting old when you can remember when they switched the Levitz warehouse? Or better yet, when the PE
branch crossed on it's way to the quarry? 

Out 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/22 15:16 by callum_out.

Date: 01/10/22 15:51
Author: PasadenaSubColin

Interesting info regarding the brewery, thanks for sharing! I was under the impression they were starting a few lines in 2022of product there per a website... Looking at the track structure from there, I notice track work being done on the spurs, looking to be tie replacements, and even saw the little trackmobile working around. 

Also nice photo of the local spider1319, that little mini canyon by lowes was a nice train watching location for the time...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0527 seconds