Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunrise at Angell Arizona

Date: 05/04/22 01:34
Sunrise at Angell Arizona
Author: donner_dude1

Sunrise at Angel, AZ. One of my Favorite places to start the day in Northern Arizona. 

BNSF 8174 a few minutes after sunrise. It was 34 degrees and I had to run from my car to setup the DSLR and launch the drone so capture the action. 
This was my first attempt to produce a dual Cam video. 

My drone flying skills improved as the trip progressed. This wasn’t one of my better flights. Some of the challenges were learning not to fly close to the DSLR (the mic picks up the drone buzz ), learning  not to fly in the DSLR’s view (!) and learning how to turn the drone gradually. I had to do a lot of editing to rid the video of the drone buzz and the whipsaw turns. 

This was also my first time using Final Cut Pro and I did ok with the editing. I still have a lot to learn. The beginning of the video has  a few choppy transitions which were due to my edits but overall I think it turned out pretty good for my first try.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/04/22 05:33
Re: Sunrise at Angell Arizona
Author: GeneL

May have been your first time but whatever you had to edit out still left a fine result.  Liked your combining of surface views as well as drone views.

Date: 05/04/22 05:47
Author: alongthejointline

Nice work Dan. Thanks for posting.

Date: 05/04/22 06:06
Author: DaveL

Spectacular !!!
More....More......
Please??

Date: 05/04/22 17:29
Author: oyw

Outstanding job Dan!

Posted from Android

Date: 05/04/22 21:49
Author: ATSFSuperChief

WOW!!! The glint shots are really fantastic and the contrast between track side and drone are extremely interesting,

Don Allender

Date: 05/05/22 03:19
Author: dschlegel

This was really fun to watch, congratulations on VOTD!

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/05/22 08:45
Author: bnsftall

Great stuff!

dt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds