Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunday SP on the SOO/CP

Date: 05/15/22 11:28
Sunday SP on the SOO/CP
Author: MILW86A

From 1995 and into the IMRL era, the SOO/CP would get a coal train off the DRGW/SP at Kansas City for Determan at Camanche/Clinton, IA. Once the train was empty it went east on the SOO to Bensenville to the WC at Schiller Park then north for ore loading then the loads would go south on the WC then to the SP at Chicago either via Qunicy or St Louis back wet. 

First two images are at Cotter, IA on the SOO March 22nd 1995 and the 3rd is from Blakesburg Iowa April 22 1995. Clean SP power on the SOO? Never thought Id see that! 

Thanks for looking

MILW86A 

Date: 05/15/22 11:53
Re: Sunday SP on the SOO/CP
Author: jgilmore

Great catch, not many shots of this regular move from the east end...

JG

Date: 05/15/22 12:45
Author: ns2557

I probably saw many of these trains in the last year or 2 of the SP here along the Tenn Pass ML in Colorado. Both ways at that. They sometimes had WC units mixed in with the SP. Always looked for them. Thanks for sharing. Ben

Date: 05/15/22 15:04
Author: pbouzide

They were clean because they were new.

I would often see this move running on the WC from my fifth floor office window in Rosemont, IL. at the northeast corner of O'Hare on Higgins Road. 

Date: 05/15/22 21:37
Author: SP8595

Great catches and shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds