Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Not exactly the Limelight (with apologies to Rush)

Date: 05/25/22 20:07
Not exactly the Limelight (with apologies to Rush)
Author: santafe199

Yesterday I caught a few foreigners’ passage through town. And it was nearly under cover of darkness. It was almost a Witch Hunt (with apologies to the Canadian band Rush).  But thanks to some Distant Early Warning (with apologies to the Canadian band Rush) I was able track their passage through this Manhattan Project (with apologies to the Canadian band Rush). I had a bit of trouble finding a suitable spot, until I stopped at the 10th St crossing. With a headlight now bearing down on me from about 18th St, I settled for a sequence coming through The Trees (with apologies to the Canadian band Rush) behind Griffith Park. As dark as it was, it’s a dang good thing I’m now a Digital Man (with apologies to the Canadian band Rush)!

1. CN 8003 leads UP train ‘SITP’ eastbound at the 10th St crossing. Consist: CN 8003, UP 6897, UP 8658, KCS 4848, KCS 4675 & CN 2602. Time Stand Still (with apologies to the Canadian band Rush) at 6:12 PM on May 24, 2022 in Manhattan (Project), KS...

Thanks for the Vital Signs (with apologies to the Canadian band Rush)!
Lance Garrels
DJ Sir L

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/22 20:10 by santafe199.

Date: 05/25/22 21:06
Re: Not exactly the Limelight (with apologies to Rush)
Author: nickgeorge25

If only the unit number was 2112... 

Date: 05/25/22 22:09

nickgeorge25 Wrote: > ... If only ... 2112 ... 

(chuckling!) Good call. I toyed briefly with the idea of fudging "Red Barchetta" in there to match up with that CN nose. But I decided I was already way deep into "over-the-top" territory with the tunes I did use... :^)

DJSL

Date: 05/26/22 01:51
Author: BoostedFridge

Thanks for posting the nice catch, and even better description.  I got quite a few chuckles out of your musical tie ins.

Date: 05/26/22 06:10
Author: JimO

Glad I'm not the only one where Rush and Railroads go together 

Date: 05/26/22 07:44

JimO Wrote: > ... Glad I'm not the only one ...

Oh, for sure! A good selection of energetic music goes with railfan chasing just like pancakes & syrup! I can remember during the many chases I was on with our late KS Gang bro John Arbuckle. R&R out of the car radio was a MUST! I remember on one chase driving through southern Nebraska when Steve Miller's "Jet Airliner" emerged from the speakers. I don't remember which one it was, but ONE of us reached for the volume knob and cranked it! Good times, good memories...

DJ Sir L

Date: 05/26/22 07:48
Author: Gonut1

I'm guessing you had to Rush to catch these foreigners before dark?
Go

Date: 05/26/22 08:00

Gonut1 Wrote: > ... I'm guessing you had to Rush to catch ...
If I had left the house 10" later I would have missed the entire concert!  ;^)

Lance

Date: 05/26/22 22:59
Author: Coalca

Gonna have to call you today's Tom Sawyer with a photo description like that

Date: 05/27/22 08:24
Author: texchief1

Nice one, Lance!

RC Lundgren

Date: 05/27/22 08:27
Author: engineerinvirginia

Ah...progressive rock....take me back!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds