Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > One minute on Donner Pass, more or less

Date: 06/21/22 09:28
One minute on Donner Pass, more or less
Author: broken_link

We arrived at our cabin near Donner Summit this past Saturday, June 18th,  to interesting June weather. While the Sierra are known to occasionally see snow anytime of the year, I don't often get to experience a snow squall in late June. But that's what we had. As the weather started to break in the afternoon, I headed out to catch a WB intermodal train in what I hoped would be good storm lighting. I set up between Norden and Soda Springs and waited. The sun parted as I heard the horn for the crossing at Old Lincoln Highway. But alas, as the lead units came around the bend and through the reverse curves, a cloud moved in to spoil the party. Within about a minute it was sunny again. So it goes.

Sean

Date: 06/21/22 10:16
Re: One minute on Donner Pass, more or less
Author: Zephyr

Nice shot anyway!

Date: 06/21/22 10:43
Author: PasadenaSub

Still a great picture and the exposure worked well with the trees.

Rich

Date: 06/21/22 13:40
Author: RS12394

There is nothing wrong with that shot. Sometimes, a string of "perfect" shots is boring.

Date: 06/21/22 21:34
Author: krm152

Excellent photo, no sun necessary.
ALLEN

Date: 06/23/22 15:26
Author: texchief1

That is a nice shot!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 06/25/22 23:55
Author: SD-45Fan

Anywhere on Donner is a great shot! This is a perfectly fine photo! Thank you for taking the time to do that!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds