Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Single train Saturday morning

Date: 07/30/22 23:18
Single train Saturday morning
Author: oyw

So far the "mostly cloudy" weekend weather forecast here in Southern California has been spot on. Being intrigued by the possibility of storm light, I ventured up to Cajon this morning, hoping to outfox the elements. It was terribly mundane, with little traffic and lots of clouds and I was ready to head home when we heard BNSF 9072 West (an SD70ACe) tell the dispacher he was north track only.

1) The Pass being totally socked in, I high tailed it up to Hesperia to find a little bit of sun just as the train was approaching at 8:15AM.

2) A roster shot of the leader, one of the better looking ACe's I have seen in a while.

I planned to follow the train on my way home but it got delayed at Summit for about 45 minutes. Still cloudy but I noticed some blue down toward San Bernardino.

3) Waiting at the flour mill near Verdemont, the train arrived just as a sucker hole did. Feeling fortunate to get what I did, I called off the chase and headed for home exactly two hours from when it had begun.

Thanks for looking.

OYW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/22 08:18 by oyw.

Date: 07/31/22 00:48
Re: Single train Saturday morning
Author: miralomarail

Beautiful Robert , BTW I saw a One unit BNSF wonder  on the point , and a One unit DPU behind 90 cars WB pass Kingman this afternoon on a Auto train .  The train stalled by the Kingman Depot .

Date: 07/31/22 06:30
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice ones Bob. Stalled descending past the Kingman depot? Interesting. Maybe they got a relief crew?
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/22 08:00 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 07/31/22 08:14
Author: Atsf814

Love that third one Bob. Thanks for sharing!

Date: 07/31/22 09:18
Author: SCKP187

Nice shot. The flour mill makes a nice backdrop for the photo
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/31/22 10:06
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice chase and photos, Bob.

Rich

Date: 07/31/22 16:38
Author: TheNavigator

Definitely a good looking ACe.
GK

Date: 08/01/22 13:33
Author: texchief1

No. 3 is perfect!!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0692 seconds