Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Glint heading for the PNW

Date: 08/03/22 22:40
Glint heading for the PNW
Author: santafe199

I watched & photographed in Topeka, KS as a BNSF crew brought 9 business cars out from the Shops area and got all the prep work done so they could deadhead the train over to North Kansas City’s Murray Yard, via Argentine. I believe the train symbol is O TOPSPO1-03. This train will further deadhead up through Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming & Montana on its way to the Pacific Northwest. Here’s the train consist out of Topeka behind engine 3261: BNSF 62 Snoqualmie Pass, BNSF 53 Mt San Antonio, BNSF 63 Glorieta Pass, BNSF 67 Trinchera Pass, BNSF 4 Missouri River, BNSF 6 Topeka, BNSF 10 Lake Superior, BNSF 29 Valley View and full length dome BNSF 30 Glacier View.

1. Looking east from 4th Street at the coupling between car #29, the “Valley View” and car #30, the “Glacier View”. You might say the Golden Hour is in full bloom @ 7:52 PM on August 3, 2022. The train is departing town rolling right to left...

Thanks for the shades!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/22 07:11 by santafe199.

Date: 08/04/22 04:41
Re: Glint heading for the PNW
Author: lne655

Nice shot, I love artsy-type shots, sparkling silver with a still darkened sky well framed with the crossing signal gantry.

Date: 08/04/22 05:00
Author: atsfer

Using the sunset on the sides of the stainless cars was a great idea....the cars are no doubt well stocked with wine from the wine vault at the Topeka shops for such a trip.

Date: 08/04/22 05:19
Author: ironmtn

Stunning, a real beauty. Great composition, excellent use of the sunset light glint on the stainless steel of the cars against the dark sky. An outstanding image, and an IOTD candidate for sure.

MC

Date: 08/04/22 07:18
Author: Gonut1

Nice One.
Go

Date: 08/04/22 09:33
Author: texchief1

Like that shot, Lance!

RC Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds