Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Machinists fail to ratify their agreement with the carriers

Date: 09/14/22 14:42
The Machinists fail to ratify their agreement with the carriers
Author: 57A26

The International Associatin of Machinists and Aerospace Workers voted to reject the proposed agreement with the NCCC.
IAM District 19 Members Vote to Reject Freight Rail Agreement - IAMAW (goiam.org) 
How many other unions that have a tentative agreement will reject that agreement?

Date: 09/14/22 15:08
Re: The Machinists fail to ratify their agreement with the carrie
Author: Pacific5th

Doesn't really surprise me. No one was super happy with the PEB recommendations. I'm curious why the majority voted no. I know what the big sticking points are on the trainman's side and I had it 50/50 odds if our unions had presented the PEB recommendations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/22 16:18 by Pacific5th.

Date: 09/14/22 19:45
Author: alco244

they turned it down, they know it's only time, management will try to screw with them, like the train crews, it's called taking a stand, we have had enough!!

Date: 09/14/22 21:58
Author: MP555

alco244 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's called taking a stand, we have
> had enough!!

Unfortunately, the members of the TCU/IAM and BRC thought differently. The majority approved their agreements.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0278 seconds