Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Photo Locations Winslow and Flagstaff for BNSF Pics

Date: 09/16/22 07:52
Photo Locations Winslow and Flagstaff for BNSF Pics
Author: austin

Will be traveling up to the area today near Winslow and Flagstaff, are there any good locations for photo ops?  Thanks In Advance, JR

Date: 09/16/22 08:20
Re: Photo Locations Winslow and Flagstaff for BNSF Pics
Author: 3rdswitch

Bridge west end of Winslow. Westbound from Winslow, Winona exit and next two exits before you get into City hassle.
JB 

Date: 09/16/22 08:53
Author: swaool

Winona is a good recommendation.  Several curves and mountains in the background.  Both trains eastbound on April 19, 2017.

mike woodruff
spokane

Date: 09/16/22 09:34
Author: austin

Thanks for the replies JB and Mike. Hopefully good choices are had today.  Thanks again. JR

Date: 09/16/22 11:53
Author: MrMRL

Canyon Diablo north of I-40 between Flagstaff and Winslow. (Depending on your mode of transportation...)

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 09/16/22 19:49
Author: Passfanatic

The road bridge west of Downtown Winslow is probably the best spot for photographing the action on the BNSF Southern Transcon. You would be able to choose a spot on the correct side of the sun. Along Downtown Winslow, the sun angle along where the right of way is is not too good. Also be advised that Winslow has some run down neighborhoods along the tracks. You probably want to be a little extra aware of your surroundings there than most other places.

Date: 09/16/22 20:16
Author: PasadenaSub

I had good help in my trips there in 2006 and 2010 using this railfanning guide:

http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/maps/seligmansub/bell_wins.html

One of my favorite locations was Cosnino.  Although the famous signal bridge there had been removed just prior to my visit, I liked the big curve just east of the crossing.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1300005

Rich

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/22 20:20 by PasadenaSub.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1342 seconds