Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF 3819---The Movie Star

Date: 09/19/22 07:49
BNSF 3819---The Movie Star
Author: livesteamer

Does the railfan community have a new "movie star" in the form of BNSF 3819?  My wife and I spent part of our Sunday afternoon at Kansas City Union Station and the IMAX theatre has "Train Time" on the playbill.   I found this 45 minute or so documentary to be entertaining with many truly dramatic shots of action on the BNSF and the spectacular scenery that the BNSF passes through on its journeys across the USA.  The story line follows the BNSF 3819 on a trip across the southern transcon from Chicago to LA; then up to ex SP to Seattle and back across the northern transcon ending up in Chicago.  As a knowledgeable railfan, I would rate the move a B+ to maybe a very low A-...lots of chances to "nitpick" but I will do that here. 

The movie really highlights the romance of working for the railroad but most assuredly does not really reflect the real life of today's modern railroaders.  My guess is today's railroaders would rate this movie as totally unrealistic in today's highly charged union vs management environment.  Not to minimize the many professional railroaders seen in the movie, the consistent point of view is BNSF 3819.  And, it harkens back to the time when Microsoft made a BNSF 4723 the star of Train Simulator.  So how about a bit of challenge--much as we did with the debut of Train Simulator and the BNSF 4723, find the BNSF 3819 and post pictures of the unit in action.

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 09/19/22 19:00
Re: BNSF 3819---The Movie Star
Author: SantaFeCF7

Are there any parts of the film that features the Marceline Sub? I might have to go out of my way to get downtown if it's in the film. 

Date: 09/20/22 05:33
Author: livesteamer

Not that I noticed...

Posted from Android

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 09/20/22 14:55
Author: texchief1

Sounds neat.   Is there going to be a DVD available?

Thanks.

RC Lundgreen
Elgin, TX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0243 seconds