Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Washington Eastern chase

Date: 10/01/22 05:27
Washington Eastern chase
Author: 55002

Whilst on my railfan trip to the US, I managed to find a Washington Eastern Scoot train, thanks to info from a helpful team. The train departed Coulee City around 4pm with Ted at the controls, but very awkward for the evening light. Here's a drone shot departing Coulee City, and racing alongside HWY 2. Chris uk.

Date: 10/01/22 05:30
Re: Washington Eastern chase
Author: 55002

Further along, the grain ran non stop through Hartline. The abandoned Dodge is still equiped with snow plough and chains, but rusting away in the bush. At Almira, there was switching as they picked up more loaded grain cars. Sadly the light was going fast, and we had to head west. Great to see this operation. chris uk

Date: 10/01/22 07:27
Author: bluesman

Great scenes and commentary. Thanks.

Date: 10/01/22 17:29
Author: funnelfan

Glad you got some good pics. It's hard because we leave in the afternoon out of Coulee City.

Posted from Android

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/22 22:41 by funnelfan.

Date: 10/01/22 19:21
Author: GNSDP45

It was good to bump into you at Coulee City!

Dan

Date: 10/01/22 20:46
Author: P

Those are great pics. Short line photos like this are hard to come by.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/02/22 01:53
Author: coach

It seems more shortlines are buying used GE's....is there a used EMD locomotive shortage??

Date: 10/02/22 07:33
Author: 494

Wow awesome series, that drone shot is great with the lake in the background!

Date: 10/02/22 07:58
Author: BAB

Last pix in my opinion is the best as thats the views I think back about atter living around there. Very good all of them gives feel of the areas more are out there where track isnt anymore one was a dead end serving elevators. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.08 seconds