Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Never Seen Before On The BNSF--A Bit Of Traction

Date: 10/27/22 16:32
Never Seen Before On The BNSF--A Bit Of Traction
Author: Ritzville

It was a blustery cool sunny day in Ritaville, WA on the BNSF Northern Transcon. The high-low was 55-36, felt colder due to the wind. Have gotten a late start today, so will be a short menu today. I caught a grab shot of this unusual container train of all Run Rail container train of regular length with no DPU. plus a bit of Traction

!0/26/2022

1. EB 1155am Run Rail container train with BNSG H1 1079-5461 on the point with no DPU. I've never seen these containers until this past Wedneday.
2. Another shot of same train,

Now for a bit of Traction from the Andy Goddard collection

3. San Francisco Muni 1776 streetcar On K Ingleside Line in 1976 on Church St. Louis Swanson photo.

Date: 10/27/22 16:40
Re: Never Seen Before On The BNSF--A Bit Of Traction

18. San Francisco Muni PCC 1170 N Judah at La Playa loop at the beach end of line in 1965. Unknown photographer.
19. Edmonton, Canada trolley bus in 1996. Any extra info welcomed. Bill MacDonald photo.
20. OT--Greyhound bus at 1964 Worlds Fair, Unkown photographer.

Sorry for the late start today.

That's it for today. Hope everyone has a great evening and tomorrow. Thanks so much for looking!

Larry
Ritzville, WA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/22 17:25 by Ritzville.

Date: 10/27/22 17:48
Author: santafe199

Ritzville Wrote: > ... unusual container train of all Run Rail ... I've never seen these containers until this past Wedneday ...

I wonder what the story is. New company, or old company renamed? We've not seen them either down here in the Midwest. So far...

Lance 

Date: 10/27/22 18:52
Author: SCKP187

Interesting new containers Larry. Haven’t seen any in this area yet on the BNSF. Nice looking Greyhound bus with the glass in roof
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/27/22 19:26
Author: PHall

There was another thread about those containers. I suspect they are fresh off the boat from their builder. Which is probably why you have never heard of them. They're brand new.

Date: 10/27/22 19:47

Thanks Lance, Brian and PHall for your interesting comments. I'm sure we'll get some information on those containers soon.

Larry

Date: 10/27/22 22:52
Author: krm152

Thanks for your heads up work in taking the Run Rail container photos.  I have never seen them before.

Muni #1776 photo harks back to a great time in America, the 1976 Bicentennial.

ETS #179 is a Brown Boveri Model HR150G Trolley bus. Brown Boveri built 200 of this model with GM New Look shells in 1981/82 for the Edmonton Transit System.

Nice view of GM New Look sightseeing model, basically a Suburban New Look with the roof top windows. Other coach builders also built sightseeing models.

Always look forward to and super appreciate your bus photo postings.

ALLEN  

Date: 10/27/22 23:02
Author: railstiesballast

Thanks again Larry.
I always have a soft spot for the N Judah San Francisco MUNI line, named for the original engineer and advocate for the Sierra crossing used by the Central Pacific through to this day.
It would only be better if it was the T Judah as his name was Theodore.
I rode it many times as my aunt lived only half a block off of it near the UC hospital.

Date: 10/28/22 09:30

Thanks Allen for your interesting review. Thanks for the bus models and year, always appreciated and helpful. Thank "railstiesballast" for your Theodore Judah info. I too as a kid and young teenager used to catch the N streetcar in the Haight district where my Aunt lived on Sharader St. Fun times in those days in SF.

Larry

Date: 10/28/22 15:30
Author: pedrop

Beutifull Run Rail containers. Hope to see more running through you backyard, Larry.

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 10/28/22 15:48

Thanks Pedro!

Larry

Date: 10/28/22 17:41
Author: icancmp193

I went to the 1964-65 World's Fair 13 times. It was an easy shot from North Jersey. And although I remember many of the pavilions, especially the biggies like GM and Ford and the talking Lincoln, I sure don't remember the Greyhound Bus!

TJY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0583 seconds