Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > onX mapping software for rail photos

Date: 11/27/22 07:52
onX mapping software for rail photos
Author: Lackawanna484

The NY Times had an article this morning about the mapping software onX. It is designed for hunters and hikers, with very precise delineation between public lands and private property.

The software has already created issues as hikers challenge the appropriation of trails and adjacent land by private owners.

Has anyone used this for rail photography and viewing? It would seem like a great asset

Onxmaps is the website

Posted from Android

Date: 11/27/22 08:46
Re: onX mapping software for rail photos
Author: Pacific5th

I use it for off roading and I like it. The off road app doesn't show the private property boundary's but does a better job of breaking down roads that are different levels of difficulty. You can also download the maps and then if you don't have service the GPS will still show where you are on a downloaded map. I use it quite a bit off road so the $30 a year is worth it for me.

Date: 11/27/22 09:16
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks. There appear to be several different versions. Hunting, off-road, hiking, etc.

https://www.onxmaps.com/

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/22 11:18 by Lackawanna484.

Date: 11/27/22 11:14
Author: monaddave

I know of Realtors using this app, mainly for property owner names, etc, to show prospective home/ land buyers the boundaries of the property they are looking to buy.
Dave in MT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds