Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Congress, the Prez, and the strike

Date: 11/29/22 22:11
Congress, the Prez, and the strike
Author: TAW

my effort, for what it's worth.

I'm using a mass letter writing campaign system to try to get the message to Congress that forcing the TA is a Bad Thing.

This is the link to send letters to your Congresscritters and The Prez. You can use my words or write your own or both. It's easy to do. A few clicks does the trick.
https://actionnetwork.org/letters/railroad-workers-need-your-help?source=direct_link&

Pass the link along to anyone and everyone. They aren't goig to write legislation over night, so maybe we have half a chance.

The short letter the link sends is linked to this, explaining in more detail:
 https://climaterailalliance.org/potential-nationwide-railroad-strike-december-2022/

TAW

Date: 11/29/22 22:47
Re: Congress, the Prez, and the strike
Author: PHall

The time for this was a couple of months ago. They're on the fast track on this and just about all other legislation that needs to pass before the end of the session so there won't be a whole bunch of discussion.
They still have to pass a final budget bill too.

[edit - fixed spelling booboo]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/22 10:23 by PHall.

Date: 11/29/22 23:10
Author: TAW

I realize that. I have way more going on than I can cover, so what I can do is what I can do.

TAW

Posted from Android

Date: 11/30/22 05:04
Author: Drknow

Tom:

Thanks for doing what you have. I know you don’t have to, and I know what it’s like to have a lot of irons in the fire. The efforts are much appreciated.

Regards

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/30/22 06:36
Author: kevink

Done. Thanks for organizing this TAW!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/30/22 07:40
Author: IC1038west

Great effort regardless of timeline. No Benefits will occur to the harassed victims until Congress and the Carrier rock stars impose the same restrictions on themselves to understand the shoes they're walking in.

Date: 11/30/22 13:13
Author: Drknow

IC1038west Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great effort regardless of timeline. No Benefits
> will occur to the harassed victims until Congress
> and the Carrier rock stars impose the same
> restrictions on themselves to understand the shoes
> they're walking in.

AMEN!!!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/30/22 13:45
Author: Bandito

Well, it's in the hands of the Senate now (which I guess means fewer people to convince). I sent something to Durbin (IL) and tried to keep it short and emphasized that it's all about quality of life and that large numbers are likely to walk away in the coming months, leaving the railroads in even worse shape (possibly irreversible)--but it was probably still too long.

With Tammy Duckworth (IL) I might try something really short and focus on "railroad widows."

Maybe some railroad widow memes for the press.

https://www.pinterest.com/busymamma07/railroad-widow/

Date: 12/01/22 15:45
Author: redberan4449

Bandito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > With Tammy Duckworth (IL) I might try something
> really short and focus on "railroad widows."
>
> Maybe some railroad widow memes for the press.
>
As you will find out, Sen Tammy Duckworth (D) is really useless to the common man.  When asked a question, Duckworth receives the "correct answer" from one of five or so people in her entourage.  Only then does she respond.
A mindless robot; don't wait for an answer from her.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds