Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Golden hour at Chappell

Date: 12/04/22 08:34
Golden hour at Chappell
Author: santafe199

I was on my way back to Montana to attend the wedding of 2 of my young dart-leaguers. With plenty of railfanning to do between Manhattan, KS & the Big Sky I was set up to stay overnight at Sidney, NE. As I came cruising into Chappell the sun was diving toward the horizon, but I still had some prime golden hour minutes left to burn pixels on. When I took this first shot I couldn’t know I had one of the most extraordinary, right place ~ right time shots I would ever take in my immediate future ( Idle elevator, lonely geep (trainorders.com) ). But I’m sure glad I had the will to stop and shoot...

1. UP main line looking west from the east side of Chappell, NE. First posted after Picasa editing, I have since learned how to Photoshop the sun-flare ‘dogs’ out of the origial image. Photo date: July 21, 2011.

Thanks for looking again!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 12/04/22 10:49
Re: Golden hour at Chappell
Author: texchief1

Excellent shot! Lance! Check your pm.  I finally found the Newton picture. Thanks a bunch.

RC Lundgren

Date: 12/04/22 11:10
Author: santafe199

texchief1 Wrote: > ... Check your pm ...

Got it!

;^)

Date: 12/04/22 15:07
Author: UP3806

Track alignment would suggest a center passing siding once upon a time.

Tom

Date: 12/04/22 17:28
Author: IC1038west

Beautiful. Solid gold, volume whatever. Don't need a train for that shot.

Date: 12/07/22 15:38
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0276 seconds