Home Open Account Help 196 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Picasa do-over (vol #12): Dwight light is Low!

Date: 01/28/23 05:13
Picasa do-over (vol #12): Dwight light is Low!
Author: santafe199

Ten years down the road, and I’m just now catching up with this original Picasa-edited image...

1. UP 4453 is eastbound approaching the 7th St/KS hwy 57 crossing in Dwight, KS. It’s 7:29 PM on September 3, 2011 and there’s not much light to work with. But a little enhancement in the right spot sure helps...

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 01/28/23 05:20
Re: Picasa do-over (vol #12): Dwight light is Low!
Author: engineerinvirginia

Nicely tweaked....much like my eyes might have seen it and that's what I am looking for if I am doing any tweaking! Of course what I am really after when shooting is what my mind sees....that's tougher to get. 

Date: 01/28/23 05:50

engineerinvirginia Wrote: > ... what my mind sees....that's tougher to get ... 

Ain't THAT the truth! 

:^)

Date: 01/28/23 07:29
Author: Gonut1

You sure didn't like that Picasa dude, nice work on the fixer-upper!
Gonut

Date: 01/28/23 07:52

Gonut1 Wrote: > ... You sure didn't like that Picasa dude ...

Thanks! Actually I'm quite fond of that Picasa dude. "His" primitive editing abilities was a very convenient warm-up to the complexities of Photoshop. As if I know P-shop well (I DON'T!), it would have taken me a lot longer to reach the photo-editing level I'm at right now without the experience I gained in Picasa...

Lance  

Date: 01/28/23 08:51
Author: mg8711

I never realized that signal had 3 heads back then, and I was there!
mg8711

Date: 01/28/23 10:27
Author: Gonut1

I use an ancient photo editor from Microsoft, "Photodraw V2", MS dropped it back when they were doing some cost-cutting. I suspect they realized they would never catch up with PhotoShop. It pretty much serves my purposes. Considering it came from the Windows 95 era I am amazed it works on every MS version including Windows 10 with not one update from the original product. And yes, I'm a cheapskate.
Gonut

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/23 10:27 by Gonut1.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds