Home Open Account Help 194 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Rotary plow on BNSF Gateway Sub

Date: 03/02/23 15:17
Rotary plow on BNSF Gateway Sub
Author: GN599

Just a heads up the local left Klamath Falls about an hour ago with BNSF 972554 in tow. The plan is to hand it off at Bieber to the work train and they will take it to Westwood. I am not 100% sure when their plans are to use it. Could be tomorrow could be in a few days as we all know these things go. Some of you may recall a few winters ago they tried a rotary on the Gateway Sub. It suffered some mechanical issues and it ended up being a bust. Also it was one of the rotaries with a F9B power plant. Hopefully this time around things go as planned!

Date: 03/02/23 15:41
Re: Rotary plow on BNSF Gateway Sub
Author: FishinJeeper

Thanks for the update. I plan on calling off work if they operate tomorrow, as I live in that immediate area. Any updates would be appreciated. My jeep is fueled and my winch is ready for this adventure.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/02/23 15:44
Author: wabash2800

Maybe it will go better this time as they did some testing and training...

Victor Baird

Date: 03/02/23 22:39
Author: PNWDivision10

It’s in Westwood as of 2200 hrs. Two work trains as well in Westwood. WKLFKLF1 and WKLFKLF2. Line is open and 3 through freights currently operating. Lots of snow forecasted through the weekend as well.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/03/23 07:40

Thanks, maybe they are planning on using them this weekend with the incoming storm. Either way, I'll do my best to get out there, when and if they work.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/03/23 21:21
Author: GN599

FishinJeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, maybe they are planning on using them this
> weekend with the incoming storm. Either way, I'll
> do my best to get out there, when and if they
> work.
>
> Posted from Android

I would be in Westwood tomorrow morning at 0700 to see what they were up to 👍 They have been putting the work train crew on duty between 0600-0700. By the time they come over from Chester where they are putting them up and all that it could be around 0800 before they make a move. Good luck!

Date: 03/04/23 08:49

I just spoke with someone who advised they are moving it from Bieber and will arrive here in Westwood in about an hour. He also said that they expect to plow tomorrow. Looks like I'll be back here bright and early!

Posted from Android

Date: 03/04/23 09:18

Correction, they are going to have a briefing and start plowing today. Just arrived in Westwood at 915am.

ADDITION: Another change in plans apparently. They disconnected the power from the rotary and are talking about plowing tomorrow and taking the rotary to K Falls tomorrow. I keep hearing the crew talking on the radio and they seem confused on their current plan. They haven't plowed anything, just moved it around before disconnecting the power.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/23 11:26 by FishinJeeper.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0584 seconds