Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CN in the Canyon - but not in Canada

Date: 03/12/23 20:34
CN in the Canyon - but not in Canada
Author: BrianA

CN power on BNSF's eastbound U-TACHKN in the ex-NP Yakima Canon today 3-12-23.  Up front was CN 3000/CN 2531 and CN 8960 was on the rear.  Sweeping S-curve is at Rosa near Pomona, WA.  Canyon is between Yakima and Ellensburg, WA.

I know TAC is Tacoma, WA but does anyone know what the destination of HKN might be?

Brian Ambrose
Yakima, WA

Date: 03/12/23 21:30
Re: CN in the Canyon - but not in Canada
Author: swaool

Hankinson, ND maybe?  There is an ethanol plant there; Hankinson Renewable Energy.  Although I think it's on the RRVW and not BNSF proper.

mike woodruff
spokane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/23 21:33 by swaool.

Date: 03/12/23 22:38
Author: callum_out

We've seen the symbol on the Mohave, believe Hankinson is correct.

Out 

Date: 03/13/23 07:27
Author: SP8595

Great shot!

Date: 03/14/23 00:50
Author: SD_Rail

Hankinson is actually on the Canadian Pacific, former Soo Line. Due to the Soo Line’s and the GN’s arrangement between Aberdeen Line Junction and Geneseo Junction in the 50’s, the RRVW has rights to service Hankinson Renewable Energy.

The Soo and GN had competing lines from Aberdeen Line Junction, MN to Geneseo, ND but in the 50’s I believe the GN abandoned theirs in favor of operating rights on the Soo Line. The RRVW inherited those rights when it took over BN lines in southeast North Dakota in 1987.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0706 seconds