Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Seligman Action

Date: 03/14/23 10:50
BNSF Seligman Action
Author: jericson

The Seligman Sub never lets down...

Last October my boys and I and a buddy went camping up in the Coconino National Forest. On our last day camping we went up to Williams and ate our picnic lunch overlooking the BNSF main. It was a fantastic spot I found by pure luck. I don't know the train designations, but the photos seemed worth sharing. My boys loved it! Contrary to most railfanning, you don't have to wait very long between trains on this sub.

1) Our first sighting... an eastbound intermodal.
2) That same eastbound with an old SF Dash 9 in the consist.
3) Our frist westbound... just five minutes later.

Date: 03/14/23 10:52
Re: BNSF Seligman Action

And a few more...

1) The boys overlooking the trains... the horns were exceptionally loud being up at that level.
2) One of two meets we got to see.

We were there a grand total of 40 minutes... 7 trains in total. Every engineer honked for the boys.

Date: 03/14/23 11:01
Author: jgilmore

Nice spot and shots!

JG

Date: 03/14/23 11:20
Author: Roadmaster

I see BNSF 643 has a P3 airhorn.  638 in H2 paint was in Bellville (TX) yard this weekend.  Does anybody know, or want to make a guess, what is the lowest-numbered Santa Fe Dash 9 still active on BNSF's roster (not including those rebuilt with AC traction motors)?

Matthew

Date: 03/14/23 11:58

Okay, I'll bite... and I'll guess 605. I'm assuming you know the answer...

Date: 03/14/23 12:40
Author: MacBeau

Looks like you were close to East Perrin, must have found the gate open. The Seligman Sub can indeed be very busy at times.
—Mac

Date: 03/14/23 13:29

There was a gate and it was open... is that private property? Railroad property? I guess we really lucked out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds