Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Three for Thursday: BNSF Rosario local (New Mexico)

Date: 04/27/23 12:24
Three for Thursday: BNSF Rosario local (New Mexico)
Author: NMlurker

When I was out a week ago Tuesday to shoot the Amtrak Operation Lifesaver unit on the Southwest Chief I got an unexpected bonus train in the form of the BNSF local that goes up to Rosario where there is an asphalt plant. As far as I know, this local runs on an as-needed basis. Years ago I saw it most often on Sunday mornings. In addition to the one tank car of hot asphalt for Rosario, the local also dropped off two tank cars on the team track in Bernalillo which is not something I had seen before.

1. The local goes north at the Sandia Pueblo Rail Runner station with B40-8W #529 and SD75M #267, both in H4 paint.

2. The local doing its switching in downtown Bernalillo. The two flat cars with track panels were already on the team track.

3. Having placed the two tank cars and respotting the flat cars, the power returns toward the main with the one tank car of hot asphalt and to await the arrival of a southbound Rail Runner before continuing east. The Sandia mountains are seen in the background.

Date: 04/27/23 16:56
Re: Three for Thursday: BNSF Rosario local (New Mexico)
Author: Prophoto

thanks for posting those photos. I wondered what that looked like. Good work.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds