Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Third Track Territory

Date: 05/20/23 09:23
Third Track Territory
Author: MacBeau

A westbound 56 car vehicle train climbs past the third main being constructed between East Goffs and Java on the Needles Sub Monday last. With the bridge and signal work all but completed, the track laying should proceed rather quickly now that the new crossover switches appear to be installed.  
Be of good cheer,
—Mac
www.lowellamrine.com

Date: 05/20/23 09:26
Re: Third Track Territory
Author: texchief1

Thanks for sharing, Mac!

texchief1
RC Lundgren

Date: 05/20/23 15:00
Author: SCAX3401

The third main between East Goffs and Homer has been in service for a few months now.  It was kind of rushed into service.  Are the crossovers at Homer now installed and operating?  When I visited just after the 3rd main was activated, the crossovers hadn't been installed yet.

Date: 05/20/23 15:39
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for the NICE look at the Goffs area.

Larry

Date: 05/20/23 15:43
Author: MacBeau

The finishing work was being done on the new ones at Homer.
—Mac

SCAX3401 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The third main between East Goffs and Homer has
> been in service for a few months now.  It was
> kind of rushed into service.  Are the crossovers
> at Homer now installed and operating?  When I
> visited just after the 3rd main was activated, the
> crossovers hadn't been installed yet.

Date: 05/20/23 16:05
Author: callum_out

The third main was rushed just to offer a path around the other required bridges, switches and mods. There's been
a bit of track realignment in spots as well as they take advantage of the opportunity. I look at the logic of the project
and yah it's nice to have a place to stick the slow moving trains nut also a temporary storage track for trains held for
crews. I don't see much chance that it'll be as slow as it is forever so the money should come to good use. 

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds