Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Goose Lake Railroad 5-27

Date: 05/28/23 08:10
Goose Lake Railroad 5-27
Author: GCCIteacher

Here is this weeks Goose Lake RR Alturas run with 13 cars in tow (11 perlite/2 center beams) . This shot was just north of the  XL reservation about 9 miles north of Alturas. The train was running about 3 hours later than normal ( unless things have changed). Enjoy!  

Date: 05/28/23 09:35
Re: Goose Lake Railroad 5-27
Author: FishinJeeper

When does this RR run? I go to the XL reservation on a weekly basis....usually Mondays. I have only seen them run once on a Monday in the last 3 years, which was actually a few weeks ago. It was a work train heading north. Great photo!!!

Posted from Android

Date: 05/28/23 10:10
Author: JDLX

Thanks for posting the photo!

To answer the question, Goose Lake makes one trip a week, south on Saturdays and north on Sundays.  Schedule is dictated by Union Pacific which comes out from Klamath Falls those same days.  They are doing a lot of trackwork this summer, hence the work trains.   

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 05/28/23 10:44
Author: icancmp193

Good to see the Goose Lake is semi-surviving. Nice photo!

TJY

Date: 05/28/23 12:11
Author: 3rdswitch

Wonder how the crew survives on two days pay a week?
JB

Date: 05/28/23 13:50
Author: pdt

Maybe the crew is the owners of the RR. ??  During the week they take care of business.   Or if there is a saleried crew, during the week they  prob do engine and/or track maintenance.

Date: 05/28/23 22:02
Author: roustabout

pdt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe the crew is the owners of the RR. ?? 
> During the week they take care of business.   Or
> if there is a saleried crew, during the week
> they  prob do engine and/or track maintenance.

Probably not the owner - he has a lot of irons in the fire (other related businesses) that he tends to.  I would bet that the train crew also spends time working on the right-of-way on the days they're not running trains.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds