Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mud Creek + dumpling clouds

Date: 05/28/23 11:00
Mud Creek + dumpling clouds
Author: santafe199

All of a sudden I’m realizing we’re having a great spring for those marvelously photogenic, fluffy white “dumpling” clouds. Maybe the Master Artist is branching out from the killer Kansas sunsets I’m used to... :^)

1. Looking east from the Cherry St crossing, UP 4762 has a grain empty(?) rolling over Mud Creek on the west side of Abilene, KS. About a half mile ahead this train will cross the BNSF Strong City Sub.
Photo date: April 20, 2023.

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 05/28/23 11:05
Re: Mud Creek + dumpling clouds
Author: texchief1

Like that one!

texchief1

Date: 05/28/23 12:22
Author: monaddave

So that covered hopper on the right caught my eye. Google maps shows an elevator there. Has that always been there?? I don't remember all that trackage back in our Santa Fe days? And then I street viewed it and there's a switch engine lettered DeBruce on that trackage... https://goo.gl/maps/U5ZH1qrvh65Wr7Rd9   Please refresh my memory <grin>.

Dave in MT

Date: 05/28/23 12:44
Author: santafe199

monaddave Wrote: > ... switch engine lettered DeBruce ...

That cute little DeBruce switcher (ex-SP) 2305 is no longer on the property. And DeBruce has become "Flint Hills Grain". The replacement for the 2305 was first seen here: ( Stranger in town (trainorders.com) ). Unit grains trains are now routinely made up out of FHG, and can depart Abilene via either UP or BNSF. Do a TO search under my screen name for the number 2305 and you should get a few threads about that engine...   LFG

Date: 05/28/23 20:34
Author: UP951West

Really nice action shot , Lance. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0835 seconds