Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Skyline, Glint, Reflection... your choice

Date: 06/06/23 05:45
Skyline, Glint, Reflection... your choice
Author: santafe199

It had been a routine chase. I got a tip, intercepted a westbound train and chased it into the golden hour. I was all set to chase onward into the blue or even the violet hour. But as me n’ my prey came rolling into Abilene my attention was diverted onto a different train. The neat part was being able to spend about 5 minutes on this sideshow, then get right back into the main act. I bagged my prey one more time on the west side of Abilene: ( Scenic tank cars? Nahhh... (trainorders.com) ). But in that 5 minute diversion I was able pixelate a skyline, some sun glint and a watery reflection in the same series. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky over good... ;^)

1. 2. & 3. Looking west from Jeep Rd UP 5490 is eastbound with a unit grainer running out of Abilene, KS. This Union Pacific train is running on trackage rights over the BNSF on May 2, 2023

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/23 05:47 by santafe199.

Date: 06/06/23 06:21
Re: Skyline, Glint, Reflection... your choice
Author: gcm

Very nice series Lance !
Gary

Date: 06/06/23 07:50
Author: texchief1

Love the second shot, Lance!

texchief1

Date: 06/06/23 11:05
Author: jgilmore

Nice diversion and results, the contrast is really good and helps highlight the details...

JG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0525 seconds