Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > summit saturday: stacks/tanks combo over yampai..........

Date: 09/16/23 14:51
summit saturday: stacks/tanks combo over yampai..........
Author: goneon66

here are e/b stacks/ethanol mtys climbing up and over the summit at yampai, az on the bnsf's seligman sub this afternoon.  a warbonnet is 4th out in the lead locomotive consist.

yampai is between peach springs and seligman, az. and this train has been climbing up to yampai ever since it left needles, ca.

just another great day out here...........

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/16/23 15:20
Re: summit saturday: stacks/tanks combo over yampai..........
Author: Ritzville

Nice video 66 of a Mega train working hard up the grade. Always nice to see a Warbonnet included.

Larry

Date: 09/16/23 15:46
Author: tferk

Great video, and thanks for showing the whole train.

Ted Ferkenhoff
Flagstaff, AZ

Date: 09/16/23 16:45
Author: texchief1

Thanks 66!  Nice video.  It makes me want to get out there.

texchief1

Date: 09/17/23 09:26
Author: goneon66

thanks for the comments gents as this is a great place to watch trains at.  the last 2 times i have been there, i have caught 2 meets. 

just take the hyde park rd. exit off of rt. 66 (approx. 1 mile e/of the grand canyon caverns) and follow the dirt road up to the tracks and crossing.  

fyi, there is no cell service at this location but i did get some cell service just off of rt.66 on hyde park rd.

be safe.............

Date: 09/17/23 18:33
Author: MacBeau

So glad to see you up at the top of the climb. I have a pending date to shoot that place myself next month.
—Mac

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0698 seconds