Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunset route double tracked?

Date: 09/16/23 15:50
Sunset route double tracked?
Author: bayhop

Supposedly, UP double-tracked much of the Sunset route LA-El Paso. Does anyone know how much of it is still single track? I think a winding section west of Tucson is still single track.

Date: 09/16/23 18:45
Re: Sunset route double tracked?
Author: 3rdswitch

And last I visited single track both sides of Kinter siding east of Yuma.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/18/23 06:59
Author: mococomike

Thye have graded new sections of double track west of Gila Bend with rail to be laid Q1 of 2024.

Date: 09/18/23 07:26
Author: SCAX3401

mococomike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thye have graded new sections of double track west
> of Gila Bend with rail to be laid Q1 of 2024.

I heard they were doing some work in this in section, do you have any details on exactly which segments have been graded some far?  

Date: 09/18/23 09:42
Author: baretables

I don't have time to repost it, but searching "Sunset" "double" using the All Words and Western Boards option going back a year will show at least three threads with detailed information and an estimate summary based on that for Yuma to Estrella.  Estrella is west of Maricopa and the current west end of double main from El Paso.

Date: 09/18/23 14:48
Author: mococomike

Theba is the base for the work. They are working west from here towards sentinel and east to Estrella.

Date: 09/18/23 19:58
Author: ProAmtrak

Toughest part they're gonna have is at the Arizona/California Border where the track goes over the Colorado, that's a tight section!

Date: 09/19/23 06:43
Author: HardYellow

ProAmtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Toughest part they're gonna have is at the
> Arizona/California Border where the track goes
> over the Colorado, that's a tight section!

Yeah...they'll need a new bridge over the Colorado River. I think it is single track west of Cactus, about 20 miles west of Yuma. And still single track from Salton to Thermal through Mortmar and Mecca.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds