Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nice Day Shooting Photos On The UP

Date: 09/30/23 22:22
Nice Day Shooting Photos On The UP
Author: mojaveflyer

After training this morning in northern Colorado, I headed up to Cheyenne to see what trains were running. The first train I saw was a northbound manifest that I caught at Carr and then again at Speer Jct. I headed east from Cheyenne after lunch and got to Burns without hearing any trains. I headed back but jumped off the freeway at Archer. There's an old county road bridge over the track that has been closed to vehicle traffic but is still intact and very useful as a photographic platform.

Photo #1-I caught this manifest at Carr and then jumped ahead to grab a shot at Speer Jct.

Photo #2- He eventually got to Speer and although the light wasn't the best I like the angles at the junction here.

Photo #3- I went east but found no activity. I stopped at Archer, on the east side of Cheyenne to hopefully grab a train. After a wait of about 40 minutes I spotted this stack train coming west. Here it's passing under the Highway 30 overpass. Note the signal to the right of the engines is green. Something I didn't immediately grasp while shooting this train.

One more photo in Part II.

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 09/30/23 22:24
Nice Day Shooting Photos On The UP Part II
Author: mojaveflyer

Photo #4- It suddenly struck me there was a green signal for an eastbound train. I turned around to spot the 8186 coming around the corner. Almost missed the shot....

A very pleasant afternoon around Cheyenne. Thanks for looking!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/23 21:30 by mojaveflyer.

Date: 10/01/23 04:56
Re: Nice Day Shooting Photos On The UP Part II
Author: texchief1

Very nice, James!

texchief1

Date: 10/01/23 05:33
Author: UP951West

James, thanks for sharing these images near Cheyenne. 

Date: 10/01/23 06:46
Author: atsf121

Great stuff

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/01/23 12:00
Author: SP8595

Neat scenes!

Date: 10/01/23 19:11
Author: SCKP187

Nice shots.  Great train variety and really like all the poles and signal appliances and trackwork you got in the photos.
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/02/23 07:55
Author: bmarti7

Nice series James  - thanks for sharing.

PCBill

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1069 seconds