Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Variety IS the spice of life!

Date: 02/26/24 16:42
Variety IS the spice of life!
Author: rrartist

Everything but the CSXT, starting the Amtrak 337 leading #8 into La Crosse WI Saturday morning followed by CPKC 853 with coal for Columbia (near Portage WI). On to my one for Sunday, BNSF 709 leads the Z SSECHC out of La Crosse WI. 

Date: 02/26/24 16:45
Re: Variety IS the spice of life!
Author: texchief1

Very nice set, Jim!  709 looking pretty good considering.

texchief1

Date: 02/26/24 16:47

What a beautiful sunrise in La Crescent MN this Monday morning! CPKC 356, CP 7006 departed for Marquette Iowa just the sun cracked the horizon. Up to Dresbach for CPKC 546 and the NS 7710. I had hoped the NS 4717 would been leading, but you get what you take and take what you get!

Date: 02/26/24 16:52

Back in La Crosse for another Columbia bound coal load, UP 7725 rolls into La Crosse, this train was followed by CPKC J20 with a pair of KCS Aces, the 4024 and the 4177. Not all too bad, like I mentioned just about evrything but the CSXT.

Date: 02/26/24 16:55
Author: 3rdswitch

The variety back there is unending. Great bunch.
JB

Date: 02/26/24 20:57
Author: railstiesballast

Fun post, thanks.
That Santa Fe warbonnet is remarkable, hardly faded at all.  I have to admire the BNSF for coming up with a tiny "BNSF" patch on the sides of the cab and leaving the rest of the color scheme alone.
So you ever see bald eagles along the river, we see them on most Empire Builder trips, but I don't recall exactly where.

Date: 02/27/24 07:20
Author: ntharalson

railstiesballast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> So you ever see bald eagles along the river, we
> see them on most Empire Builder trips, but I don't
> recall exactly where. 

Basically, on the Builder, you can see them from La Crosse to Hastings.  If you're on the ground, you can see them from Savanna/Sabula  north to Prescott/Hastings.  They like the fish in the river.  

Nice set, Jim, thanks for posting.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 02/27/24 09:37
Author: Ritzville

Very enjoyable series with LOTS of variety!

Larry

Date: 02/27/24 09:46
Author: mojaveflyer

Great series of shots with a lot of variety in sunshine...! Can't beat that with a stick!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 02/28/24 09:29
Author: bmarti7

Great variety for sure. The BNSF 709 has a unique distiction from many of its brothers: It is PTC equpped - not all of them are. Good catch Jim!

PCBill

Date: 02/28/24 11:34
Author: exhaustED

No no no, there's no variety in modern railroading, I've heard the experts on TO state this with absolute certainty...! Seriously thiough, some great shots here of todays extremely diverse railroading scene.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds