Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Hauser diesel fuel supply

Date: 02/29/24 22:33
BNSF Hauser diesel fuel supply
Author: shortlineboss

Does BNSF bring all diesel in tank cars or is there a pipeline?  I have seen pics of tank cars at Hauser.  If tank are the supply, where do the tanks originate?

Mike Root
Madras, OR

Date: 03/01/24 06:15
Re: BNSF Hauser diesel fuel supply
Author: goduckies

They definitely get some of their diesel from rail... not sure if all though.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/01/24 06:39
Author: monaddave

No pipeline. That was one of the many conditions to be met in order for them to build that fueling facility over a sole source aquifer. When the Hauser fuel pad opened in 2004, diesel was being delivered in tank cars from Texas. Don't know where it's originating today.

At the start, it was kind of neat seeing fully lettered Santa Fe tank cars.
Dave in MT

Date: 03/01/24 08:51
Author: tomstp

From Texas, that has to add a bunch of cost to that fuel.

Date: 03/01/24 10:10
Author: GN599

They will probably close that next.

Date: 03/01/24 11:11
Author: czephyr17

I think they were also bringing in tank cars from Canada, through Sweetgrass, Montana.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/01/24 11:36
Author: BoostedFridge

There were a few years where the EVESPO and SPOEVE would consistently have BNSF tanks on them every night.  I had assumed that meant some of that diesel was coming from the refineries north of Everett.

Date: 03/01/24 20:38
Author: goduckies

I had a train a few weeks back thst added the empty diesel cars and we went to pasco, so it would probably be somewhere to the west.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/01/24 21:52
Author: Texican65

The 2 million gallon diesel fuel tank at the roundhouse in Interbay is where I thought Hauser got its fuel in more recent years. We would spot three 30,000 gallon empty tanks there during the week, then pull them a few days later and up to Everett they went…probably on the EVE-SPO as somebody mentioned. We used to do this every week or so…spot and pull the oil spur east of the roundhouse.

It’s probably been 5-6 years since we did that on a regular basis. I think sometime in 2021 was the last time the oil spur saw action…and that was to facilitate filling tank cars to drain the diesel reservoir and take it out of service….along with the rest of the facility.

What a waste!

Date: 03/02/24 21:31
Author: shortlineboss

Where are the next main line fuel facilities West of Hauser?

Mike Root
Madras, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds