Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Doublestacks on the Sierra

Date: 03/17/24 14:37
Doublestacks on the Sierra
Author: BigE

The Central Valley Ag transload facility just East of Oakdale (CA) has received a couple of unit doublestack trains this year.

Supposedly these come in loaded with cottonseed and go out loaded with nuts.  Not sure of the origin/destination.

The train is sitting on the mainline between Oakdale and Riverbank, awaiting BNSF to come in  with their road power and take it away.

Visible in the foreground is grading for one of two new sidings going in along this stretch of track.  One is under construction out of the picture towards the end of the train.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/24 09:45 by BigE.

Date: 03/17/24 14:48
Re: Doublestacks on the Sierra
Author: pbouzide

Port of Oakland for the cottonseed imports and nut exports?

Date: 03/17/24 19:21
Author: sync

pbouzide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Port of Oakland for the cottonseed imports and nut
> exports?

I'm intrigued. Explain more?

Date: 03/17/24 21:11
Author: Barstool

GUYS...CXottenseedgoestoOakdale on the Sierra Railway...There is a large plant that procxesses cxotten seedand a number of cars from the BNSF and some goes to the port of Stocxkton....

Date: 03/19/24 22:04
Author: mapboy

There's been at least two BNSF S-MEMRRB1s from Memphis to Riverbank, with a lot of CMA CGM containers with cottonseed.  I thought I heard of the refilled containers going to Southern California to ship out.

mapboy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds