Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > No movement and open cars on the Mojave subdivision

Date: 03/25/24 22:56
No movement and open cars on the Mojave subdivision
Author: pengra

I’m currently in the middle of a road trip to southern California and took the opportunity to follow the Mojave Subdivision east out of Bakersfield on Monday morning. Talk about bum luck - I’m pretty sure from the time we left Bakersfield until we turned south at highway 395, I didn’t see a single train in motion which was rather surprising.
We did pass several parked trains, and one of those was rather interesting. It was a BNSF freight stopped near the Tehachapi loop, with what appeared to be a pair of loaded refrigerated boxcars whose doors were open. I imagine there's no way those cars left their origination point with the doors open like that, so I assume someone must've broken into them. I’ve seen the pictures of open intermodal containers, and I’ve seen a post or two talking about folks busting into loaded box cars, but I never thought I’d wind up seeing a loaded refrigerated box car opened up like that.

Date: 03/25/24 23:03
Re: No movement and open cars on the Mojave subdivision
Author: mapboy

What was it loaded with?  Cold cash?

mapboy

Date: 03/26/24 04:03
Author: 2ebright

Beer?

Dick
Rochester, MN

Date: 03/26/24 09:11
Author: cajon

Monday is a show day with work windows.
Open doors are normal on the BNSF out of Bakersfield.
Refrigerator cars and box cars loads of wine and beer doors open.
A few weeks ago I called the BNSF with open doors on containers. I saw 12 open and had engine number and 10 car numbers. 2 of the platform had package laying on the deck.
Called the BNSF about the open doors as some were swinging open and can hit the mirror on a passing train. There was a train mirror hit last Friday on the BNSF from an open container door.
I told her the train was A BNSF train from Mojave CA going thru Sanborn and to Barstow CA and I engine number and car numbers.
No, that is not a BNSF line but UP. Tried to tell her the UP line run from Mojave to Lancaster. She did not want to hear anything I teller her. She said I cannot help you as this is not a BNSF line. Oh well I was just trying to help you. She hung up
Dennis

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds