Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > An SP ghost in 2024....

Date: 03/27/24 13:04
An SP ghost in 2024....
Author: Texican65

I saw this the other day up at Delta Jct. right outside of Everett, Wash. I was completely blown away...because I had never noticed it before...sitting abandoned...forgotten about to time and the elements...just rotting away in a useless corner lot of some industry next to the track with junk piled up all around it. I'm pretty sure that's an old Southern Pacific "Big Hook" on wheels. The P&W had one just like it down in Oregon. 

I wonder how it got there...what they were doing with it, and when it was last used. 

Tex

Date: 03/27/24 13:51
Re: An SP ghost in 2024....
Author: Milwaukee

Note it has Roseville stencilled on the side below the cab.   Must have been based there at one time.   It is a long way from home up in Everett.   I wonder when they were retired from the SP/UP operations?  

Date: 03/27/24 22:12
Author: kcmbha

so, where is this? I live nearby, I recognise the 529 bridge in the background. Is it out on the flats heading towards Marysville? Thanks in advance

Date: 03/27/24 22:57
Author: Texican65

kcmbha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so, where is this? I live nearby, I recognise the
> 529 bridge in the background. Is it out on the
> flats heading towards Marysville? Thanks in
> advance
>
>  
Delta Junction…coming over from Bayside Yard…first photo you can see the signal to go either north across bridge 37…or east/southeast to go over towards Delta Yard.

The business that the old hook is located at is Pacific Cable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/24 23:01 by Texican65.

Date: 03/28/24 10:01
Author: kcmbha

now I see it, thanks

Date: 03/28/24 19:00
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

A Cline (the manufacturer) truck. Great truck for rerailing equipment etc. Every major terminal had at least one on the UP.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds