Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Macs leased to NS now...

Date: 03/27/24 13:26
BNSF Macs leased to NS now...
Author: Texican65

I saw this the other day while a train was departing Wenatchee, Wash. westbound for Seattle. It's a prior BNSF SD70Mac built in 1999, owned by Wells Fargo (WFRX), and leased to/operated by Norfolk Southern. First time for me seeing one of these....does anybody know how many there are? 

I caught the WFRX 8861 coming back eastbound a couple days later...on a Q train...and it was dead...unfortunately. Still cool to see, and made for some nice variety....I hope it gets repaired. 

Tex

Date: 03/27/24 14:18
Re: BNSF Macs leased to NS now...
Author: NSDash9

NS currently has 30 of the units on lease:

http://www.nsdash9.com/leased.html

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

Date: 03/27/24 14:31
Author: Texican65

Good to know….thanks Chris! Cool page you have as well, I appreciate the info.

Date: 03/27/24 19:02
Author: sarailfan

I spotted WFRX 8868 on the CP departing Lethbridge AB this morning, and there was another NS unit around as well. Interesting to have a patched ex-BNSF unit, leased to NS, running on CP up in Canada!

Posted from Android

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

Date: 03/27/24 19:57
Author: atsf121

Didn't realize Wells Fargo Rail had bought those, smart move on their part to get some more miles out of those units and earn a buck along the way.

Nathan

Date: 03/27/24 20:00
Author: Gonut1

As we automobile types always say, this is a "Rent a Wreck" use it up, trash it, crush when done with it. OUCH!
Go

Date: 03/28/24 07:23
Author: bnsf6606

I beleieve those belonged to Wells Fargo from the leginning and were leased originally to BN/BNSF.  Wells Fargo now owns First Union. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds