Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Monday Meets & Mission Bay Monday, Burlingame, Calif. Last Fall

Date: 04/08/24 08:49
Monday Meets & Mission Bay Monday, Burlingame, Calif. Last Fall
Author: FiveChime

Horrid sounding horns compared to what ran at the same location during the SP time.
But, I guess it's going to get worse, as from what If heard, the new electrics have an
audio warning sounding like the Tooterville Trolley!
Exceptionally long Mission Bay with two regularly assigned 9900's
Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/08/24 09:06
Re: Monday Meets & Mission Bay Monday, Burlingame, Calif. Last Fa
Author: PHall

Did you ever consider that they may be using nasty sounding horns on purpose? Because they do get your attention and isn't that the purpose of a horn?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/24 11:06 by PHall.

Date: 04/08/24 09:36
Author: FiveChime

Yea, just like the railroads have done ever since dieselazation with pleasant sounding horns!

Date: 04/08/24 10:06
Author: TCnR

In the Bay Area the truck back up horns sound like ducks quacking.

Too much time, too much money.

Date: 04/08/24 10:15
Author: Steamman

First think I thought of when I heard the horns on the test train operations was - oh me, more accidents in the towns with a lot of grade crossings.  Hope not.  TomE

Date: 04/08/24 10:35
Author: SPB

Thanks for the video.  Good timing on the two Caltrain commutes.  Nice to see the lenghty Mission Bay with a good mix of car types.  

Gerry

Date: 04/08/24 14:37
Author: phthithu

Fivechime this will be a very interesting transition period video that will only ripen in interest with the passage of time b/c such a short period of this freight--diesel passneger--electric fleet--joint use of the Peninsula Sub. 

Sadly it is only a matter of time before it's down to freight and EMU. That dirty dirt yard cannot have long to go before it wraps up. 

But I'm still hoping for a renewal of reefer traffic to South San Francisco! And let's get someone into the Butter House spur at the old butter house where they actually made margarine. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.029 seconds