Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Stare-down with Uncle Pete

Date: 04/10/24 08:53
Stare-down with Uncle Pete
Author: santafe199

A little bit of stare-down with brute diesel power! 270mm of telephoto glass sure comes in handy... :^)

1. UP 6926 leads train TPSI (Topeka ~ Salina) through Manhattan, KS on April 8, 2024.

Thanks for staring back!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 04/10/24 09:23
Re: Stare-down with Uncle Pete
Author: texchief1

Would be good for front end friday, but it will work for today.

texchief1

Date: 04/10/24 09:44
Author: jgilmore

Very nice, he's so fresh and clean that I'm guessing he scrubbed behind the ears... :^)

JG

Date: 04/10/24 09:54
Author: Gonut1

Good looking face on Uncle Pete. It must be fun having that heavy glass. I had 160mm for my film camera but the lenses for the DSLR were always out of my price range! I could afford both a new DSLR and glass but I've gotten too weary of fighting all the traffic on the highways to get anywhere these days. It was a lot more fun when the kids were little, but they were the direct cause of no money for better photo gear. But I'll keep them, the kids that is, even if they are 30+ now.
Gonut

Date: 04/10/24 10:03
Author: santafe199

Gonut1 Wrote: > ... It was a lot more fun when the kids were little, but .........

Just have the kid(s) drive and you can negotiate with the family dog for a spot at the window!

:^)

Date: 04/10/24 11:17
Author: BighornGuy

Nice pic, Lance. And your mention of Manhattan brings back some fond memories. I spent a few weekends in Aggieville. I even have some pics somewhere of the depot in Salina. At least it was there about 30 years ago.

Date: 04/11/24 08:09
Author: Gonut1

No problem with getting a window seat, there is no family dog. The one kid works for Uncle Pete and could care less about his trains as long as he collects his pay! The other drifted off into other interests.
Thanks for the suggestion though!
Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds