Home Open Account Help 139 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Paint Me Please

Date: 04/10/24 19:06
Paint Me Please
Author: MNR225

A rather tired looking CN GP38-2W rests between assignments outside the yard office in Wisconsin Rapids, WI on April 8, 2024.  CN 4775 was built between 10/1973 and 1/1974 andin 2024 could use a fresh paint job.

ADB

Date: 04/10/24 19:24
Re: Paint Me Please
Author: Gonut1

In a word, "Pathetic". One would think someone in the owning organization would recognize what a negative image this projects, not to the general public so much, but certainly to cash paying customers.
 I recall Honda had a policy that their cars would not be shipped in cars looking like junk or grafitti scarred and went to great measures to push the railroads to use only clean cars. Almost like Reading and Northern's policy of grafitti removal before a car is supplied to a customer. 0% tolerance.
 This locomotive is downright looks like junk and would never inspire confidence in the owner on delivering my shipment. 
Sad.
Go

Date: 04/10/24 19:44
Author: PHall

This isn't the only one. CN seems to be doing a paint endurance test on their GP38-2Ws because most, if not all of them are still running around in their original GMD applied factory paint.
And their GP38s don't look any better.

Date: 04/11/24 15:07
Author: brc600

Council Bluffs, Iowa (Omaha) just received a SD40-2W 52xx that looks just like that.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds