Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ex-Caltrains Bi-levels finally arrive on NWP after 1 day delay

Date: 04/25/24 23:16
Ex-Caltrains Bi-levels finally arrive on NWP after 1 day delay
Author: weather

UP Special was supposed to leave Warm Springs Monday to bring the Gallery Cars to Suisun, but after 5 hrs and 30 miles, special tied up at West oakland, DOL.  (Dead on law.). So yesterday, Special back on the move to Califortnia Northern at Suisun around midnight, timed to arrive at Suisun and get switched to the LRJ-90. Special dropped the cars on the Cordelia siding and the LRJ-90, with other cars from Roseville to CNFR tied on to the 32 Gallery cars for the trip to Napa Jct. and Lombard. Around 10 am, the CNFR with the run-through LRJ-90 power, headed overther Hill to Napa Jct.   NWP Lombard turn with #1501 and ex- UP gensdet, 2611 left Schelville at 1 pm.  The CNFR cut the cars off on the Lombard Sidinbg and the NWP headed back home. The consist was shoved down track 2 at Schellville for long term stoarge.  First image shows special coming into Suisun on the Cal-P.  2nd image, at Chadbourne Rd. in Cordelia, the CNFR with the run-through LRJ-90 UP power moving west toward Jamesion Canyon.Third photo, has the train is pulling into Schellville Yard.  On the NWP, image 4 is at Miltoin Rd. crossing with the Bi-level cars  moving west just coming off the Brazos Bridge.  I was working yesterday and Former MUNI Manager, Dave Bandbury, made his shots avilable for this story.

Date: 04/25/24 23:21
Re: Ex-Caltrains Bi-levels finally arrive on NWP after 1 day dela

Text by Mike Pechner

Date: 04/26/24 06:59
Author: mococomike

I'm sure they will be looking as good as the Bi-levels on and SD&E in no time. Many already have been tagged and windows kicked out.

Date: 04/26/24 08:16

Moococo Mike:  16 of the Gallery cars camed tagged from bveing stored at Warfm Springs.  The F-40 will be coming over as well.

Date: 04/26/24 09:03
Author: Ritzville

Interesting series. I knew David Banbury when he was a kid hanging around the Muni back in the 1970's. He ened up having a nice career at the Muni.

Larry

Date: 04/26/24 09:51
Author: Topfuel

weather Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The F-40 will be coming over as well.

Oh, that's great to hear.  More free copper traction motor cables for the copper thieves.  

I hear Draft Kings has odds on how soon before the first gallery car is destroyed by fire from the so-called "homeless".  

Date: 04/26/24 11:12
Author: DLM

A mobile homeless camp.  If the locals get upset, move the camp a few more miles down the line.  Locals are going to wish tankcars were being stored instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/24 17:05 by DLM.

Date: 04/26/24 12:54

You got that right Mr. Mac!

Date: 04/26/24 20:28
Author: coach

Mexico is expanding their rail service--I can't believe they didn't show interest in buying them.  I bet they could have really negotiated the price down!

Date: 04/27/24 22:59
Author: atsf121

Nice photos, super interesting move.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds