Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > "How many times are you 'gonna shoot the same train?"

Date: 04/28/24 12:21
"How many times are you 'gonna shoot the same train?"
Author: rcfarewell

All,

Here's the scene: Rapid Richard (me) is heading for the door with camera bag and tripod in hand. The response from my resident Dearly-Beloved" is something like: "What's running?".   My answer: "The WPX ( aka. the Ski Train)" . Next Question: "Why shoot the same train five times?". Answer: "Because of the five times, my film camera or me will fail twice. Two other images will be ..... just o.k." But one of the five, just one, will be better than all the others".

So, here's the best that I could come up with from this particular spot during the WPX season. "Rudolph", aka. AMTK 174 leads the train west of Tunnel 1 on March 21, 2024.

Comments........

Rich Farewell

Date: 04/28/24 12:35
Re: "How many times are you 'gonna shoot the same train?"
Author: atsf121

I've heard something similar, almost along the lines of "a train is a train".  Nice photo

Nathan

Date: 04/28/24 13:32
Author: SP8595

Very Nice!

Date: 04/28/24 16:03
Author: srman

Beautiful shot!

Date: 04/28/24 16:14
Author: march_hare

Dear spouse has given up this argument long ago. For 30 + years now,she has understood that you shoot the same train 5 (or more) times because, well, the same reason the paparazzi shoot Taylor Swift 500 times:  that way you have pix to choose from. 

Date: 04/28/24 17:50
Author: tomstp

2 engines and 5 cars ehh???

Date: 04/28/24 18:25
Author: DJ-12

Practice makes perfect! Nicely done.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/28/24 22:09
Author: Ritzville

Very enjoyable shot!

Larry

Date: 04/29/24 03:38
Author: cozephyr

Glad you're staying active with the Ski Train and all the other options offered along the Moffat Tunnel Line.  You are blessed with Colorado geography and rail activity that's hard to resist.

Date: 04/29/24 04:01
Author: santafe199

rcfarewell Wrote: > ... But one of the five, just one, will be better than all the others ...

Bingo! One can always improve on one's efforts. It's the mark of a true craftsman...

Lance/199

Date: 04/29/24 06:36
Author: masterphots

Lolo's been asking me that question since I first took her railfanning in 1992.  

Date: 04/29/24 12:20
Author: AndyBrown

Yep, it's a dandy.

My old lady is used to it.  But I can't tell you how many times I've asked myself while waiting for an eternity for some boring train with still more pumpkins or dirty red GEs on the head end, "Why am I doing this?"  And the answer is, because I'm a railfan, and I take train pictures.  Some day I'm gonna get tired of it though...

Andy

Date: 04/29/24 16:48
Author: rcfarewell

All,

You responders have no idea how good this makes me feel. There's MORE of us out there!!! Yup, it sounds like a bunch of us are "cut from the same piece of cloth". Thanks, THANKS, for your responses!!!

Rich Farewell

Date: 05/01/24 17:17
Author: ns1000

Great pic!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0638 seconds