Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Geep with a sinus headache, must be allergies

Date: 04/29/24 18:32
Geep with a sinus headache, must be allergies
Author: ns2557

Todays SB Pikes Peak Local along the Colo Joint Line/Pikes Peak Sub came running by me at Pinon Co at a good clip. Only had 6 cars for the return to Pueblo today. But the power was BNSF GP39-2 2949 in very sharp H4 Paint leading with BNSF SD40-2 1826 trailing. The 2949 has had the PTC Mod done to it, giving it that "Man I am so done with this sH*t I don't give a krap anymore" look with the protruding numberboard. Makes ya think it has a migraine perhaps.Or could be the pollen seeing how it's spring time in the Rockies and things are a bloomin. Todays PPL, as it's been called thru the years, was symbolled L PWR 0762 29I. 

Shot 1 is at Pinon Co, almost on the Pueblo/El Paso County Line.

Shot 2. This is at Pueblo's 29th St on the north end of the yard here. Pikes Peak is well covered with snow, after some recent cold weather with snow in the higher elevations. It really stands out against the sharp Blue Skies that were so abundant this mid day here..  One thing, this area of Colorado sure does get quite a bit of the Clear Blue skies and with it being along the Front Range, altho the southern end of them, the higher peaks still retain alot of the white stuff while down here on the lower elevations, not so much. And I don't have any issues with any of that at all.  

Thanks for looking, be well. Ben

Date: 04/29/24 19:33
Re: Geep with a sinus headache, must be allergies
Author: funnelfan

With the enlarged brow, might as well call them Neanderthalls.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 04/29/24 20:14
Author: TheButcherofBena

AS an engineer, PTC caused ME headaches (not to mention dispatchers).  Happily retired, but I hear it, along with AI is still causing headaches.  Gee, I thought after a few years they'd have the bugs worked out....

Date: 04/29/24 23:30
Author: koloradokid

The more complicated the system, the easier it is to plug up the plumbing (Dr McCoy, USS Enterprise).

RR

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/30/24 07:29
Author: KA7008

It was actually Scotty in ST III:
The More They Overthink The Plumbing….
…the easier it is to stop up the drain.

Date: 04/30/24 09:09
Author: PHall

KA7008 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was actually Scotty in ST III:
> The More They Overthink The Plumbing….
> …the easier it is to stop up the drain.

Yep!

Date: 04/30/24 19:45
Author: KA7008

but...
point well said!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds