Home Open Account Help 130 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi Web Cam & Ghost Trains

Date: 09/21/03 17:49
Tehachapi Web Cam & Ghost Trains
Author: engrbill47

As I write this message, 12 of the 21 stored shots on the Tehachapi Web Cam Page are pictures of "Ghost Trains" and the real trains going over the hill are in reverse order. Has something happened since Todd "fixed" the web camera? I also noticed that a train was shown well before it actually was in the frame of the camera and that the next shot showed the manifest sans the locomotives. I really hate to complain, but isn't the number of false train indications a bit high? And if one did not delve deeply into past photos, then one might conclude that the loop was closed on Sunday.

Date: 09/21/03 19:19
Re: Tehachapi Web Cam & Ghost Trains
Author: webmaster

Well it is a combo of wind and I screwed up the motion settings. Once I get done with the trip on the 27th I will make a visit up there and pour some concrete into the support pole to stiffen up the camera. The combination of fall winds, lightweight pole, zoom lense are leading to the blanks. This has been an issue for the past 4 or so years and only now have I figured out what the issue is.

I also have a new used Mac on order to replace the current machine there. If all goes well we should have a higher resolution image available come late October.

Todd

Date: 09/21/03 21:35
Author: mirage

Bless you.

Date: 09/22/03 08:51
Author: engrbill47

Thank you for the fast response.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds