Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mini BNSF Seattle Sub construction update

Date: 09/30/03 19:32
Mini BNSF Seattle Sub construction update
Author: markgillings

A few bigger things happening the rest of this week. Tomorrow, 10/1, Signal cuts in CTC between North Portal and CP Spokane St. That puts us working off track all day. No MOW allowed during cutover. Thursday the 2nd, Auburn installs the third of three switches at Glacier park. This will be the other half of the crossover. We helped them last week with the first one. I should have some great pictures if I ever remember to get my camera out of my truck! Friday the 3rd, we'll put in a #11 at MP 8.7X on Main 3. This replaces a switch that was removed a few months ago.

Date: 10/02/03 07:40
Re: Mini BNSF Seattle Sub construction update
Author: Jasonjedi1

hey i got a question about the 3rd main. was that built or is bnsf useing the UP tracks as the third main from Tukwila to argo?

Jason
P.S. where is glacier park anyways cause i live in auburn and im not shure where that is and i want to go get pics.

Date: 10/02/03 18:04
Re: Mini BNSF Seattle Sub construction update
Author: markgillings

Jasonjedi1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey i got a question about the 3rd main. was that
> built or is bnsf useing the UP tracks as the third
> main from Tukwila to argo?
>
> Jason
> P.S. where is glacier park anyways cause i live
> in auburn and im not shure where that is and i
> want to go get pics.

The third main is the UP track from Tukwila to Argo. BNSF dispatches it now. From around South Seattle Yard going north, all three tracks will be on a new alignment between the current BNSF and UP main tracks.

Glacier Park is in Montana. No, really it's a couple tenths of mile south of the Tukwila Sounder/Amtrak platform. It's not really a photo accessible spot.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds