Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Kansas City Alco(s) ???

Date: 07/04/01 17:59
Kansas City Alco(s) ???
Author: jdb

Quite some time ago, maybe two years, there was a discussion about one and maybe two Alcos in/near Kansas City. I think they were located at a railway supply or scrap business and possibly north or northwest of Overland Park. I would like to think that one was a RSD-12 or 15 but I'm not sure. It seems like it was something like AK Scrap.

I've done a search and am coming up empty. Can anybody get me aimed in the right direction?

Thanks,

jb

Date: 07/04/01 21:04
RE: Kansas City Alco(s) ???
Author: WhiskeySCharlie

I remember a blue (sky blue, not dark blue) and white C415 which sat along the Santa Fe main between Turner and Holliday for several months in 1995. No lettering, and I don't recall what the # was.

Could probably dig up a photo if ya need me to...

WSC

Date: 07/05/01 07:17
Author: ddg

It's still there, next to the main line #4. Just look for the old Morris grain elevator, 2 miles west to Turner, you'll find it cose to Douglas Ave.

Date: 07/05/01 11:24
Author: pismopete

It is ex-Rock Island; same number as it wears now in Brandon blue and white. It is in real poor shape; I'm sure only good for scrap.

Peter Arnold

Date: 07/05/01 13:35
It is coupled too.......!!!!!
Author: CRsmurf

Hello,

Don't forget what that Alco C-415 is coupled too!!!!! :-)
It is coupled to a Flat car, which is loaded with the former
Santa Fe Locomotive Simulator Passenger Car. :-) Got shots
of these two on my recent trip to Kansas City, with my Friends.

Tony K, CRsmurf

Date: 07/05/01 13:47
RE: It is coupled too.......!!!!!
Author: WhiskeySCharlie

Dear God! I photographed that same stuff (the C415 and the flatcar with the locomotive simulator) over 6 years ago, on what I thought was a freak occurrence of me finding 2 ancient pieces of equipment on their way to a local scrap yard. You mean to tell me those are still there?!? (I was through KC last month and didn't notice those in the area, but I didn't poke around as much as I should have...)

WSC

CRsmurf wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Don't forget what that Alco C-415 is coupled too!!!!! :-)
> It is coupled to a Flat car, which is loaded with the former
> Santa Fe Locomotive Simulator Passenger Car. :-) Got shots
> of these two on my recent trip to Kansas City, with my
> Friends.
>
>
> Tony K, CRsmurf

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds