Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SP spreader at Norden

Date: 01/02/04 17:56
SP spreader at Norden
Author: photobob

Heres some SP spreader action from a few winters past. A spreader comes out of the sheds at Norden after a trip up the grade from Truckee. A single SD9 provides the push. This was a time when people actually worked and lived in Norden. Hey Im sure this should be on the good old Nostalgia Board but I figure its the same spreader still out there spreading and besides its my first photo post of the year and Im going to put it anywhere I feel like.

Date: 01/02/04 18:19
Re: SP spreader at Norden
Author: TCnR

Can you find a number on that Spreader, that might be the one in Dodge right now? It would be the same one that was in Oakridge in the 80's.
Also be interested if anybody knows how many were in that class.
How many times have you printed this negative, don't remember seeing it before?

Date: 01/02/04 18:24
Author: stash

'tis the season to post snow removal equipment shots. Got more? Keep 'em coming.

Date: 01/02/04 19:29
Author: WAF

Probably is the one in Dunsmuir as the two in Truckee that portect the Hill were placed in service in 1962 new.

Date: 02/04/08 16:06
Author: JLY

This looks like the air operated spreader SPMW 4040 that was assigned as back up at Colfax after the acquisition of the Hydraulic operated SPMW 4030 and 4034.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0245 seconds